Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Equal Rights for Whites!!

Hmmm....I swore to myself that I wouldn't use this blog to raise this issue but even in these early days prejudice has raised it's ugly head.

Today, the creepy guy downstairs said some things that really got to me....that I should have been killed...that I have genetic defects....that I was given away for free because nobody would want me....that my new family are so kind to have taken pity on me and saved my poor little life....the insults go on.

Can I just clarify some things??
1. About 25% of us Boxers are white because all 'Flashy' Boxers carry the gene for white.
2. This is apparently because the original Boxers were white, but then because we were employed as police dogs they wanted darker colours so as not to be easily seen at night. Thusly us whiteys became less common.
3. Now the 'breed standard' for showing does not allow White Boxers (but we can compete in agility classes, so we can't be soooooo bad!).
4. This apparently led to a lot of breeders killing the white pups at birth because they couldn't make them a profit.
5. It seems this has caused many people to believe nasty rumours that us whiteys have defects such as increased health problems, deafness, hyperactivity etc.etc
6. It is true that white dogs are more prone to deafness, and our skin is more sensitive to the sun, but this is true of all breeds, not just us!
7. I think people who believe all this crap are just IDIOTS!!! Especially creepy guy downstairs.

If you think otherwise you can sniff my ass ; P

No comments:

Post a Comment